The manor house in the style of a baroque castle was built in 1776 by Johann Georg Siegert. After his death in 1783, his daughter Rahel Amalie Welck inherited the manor "Rittergut Oberrabenstein".
After several changes of ownership, the factory owner Matthee Paul Herfurth acquired the manor in 1903. He rebuilt the manor and had the conservatory built at the same time. Matthee Herfurth lived in Rabenstein Castle until his expulsion in May 1945.
The castle in GDR
hotel and integration facility
- Inclusion business
- Hotel with 15 rooms
- Restaurant Siegert
(named after the builder of the baroque castle, Johann Georg Siegert)
- Hall of mirrors for max. 60 guests
- Salon Johann for max. 15 guests
- Salon Georg for max. 20 guests
- Meeting room: Salon Amalie (named after the daughter of the builder, Rahel Amalie Welck)